Monday, September 12, 2011

Dear Momma & Poppa

        Of all the things I'll ever accomplish in my life, the most important is that you're proud of me. That I did something, anything, half as amazing as the things you do. To you, it's normal, it's what needs to be done. To me, it's incredible and selfless. Through you I've learned and truly understand what unconditional love is. When people compliment me and ask why I am the way I am or how is it possible that I am managing this so well.... I explain, it's because I am my parents. My mother is determined and giving; my father is compassionate and giving. My parents as a whole are the most loving people I have ever known. I'm blessed and honored to be a product of them.

       I need you both to know that regardless of what the oncologists say, it's going to be ok. I'm not scared anymore and I have accepted that I'm going to doe, but, I promise I will never stop fighting. Being sick, having cancer is oddly the best thing that ever happened to me. It taught me to appreciate people more. I learned humbleness and humility; which by the way were sooooo not easy for me. More than anything I learned to love deeper, forgive faster, fight harder and cherish every minute I'm blessed with.

        I know none of this is easy for you, but, I want t o say thank you. For everything. For allowing me to grow and still keeping me close. Thank you for fighting for me when I wasn't strong enough. Thank you for believing in me and thank you for reminding me every day that I am still the same person and that you love me.

         I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment